Thursday 31 August 2017

Taking Care of Yourself (Finding your Light)


Taking Care of Yourself....what does that even mean? you see it often. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. What does taking care of yourself even look like?

A few years ago, after many years of struggling I had eventually found the answer to this, but then I got some pretty life altering news and I've been struggling to find the meaning of this ever since. Trying to find my way out of this spiralling black hole of emotions.

Could it be so simple as just taking quiet time for yourself? even taking a weekend to yourself? No. I have found that the answer is not that simple. One moment of fresh air every so often is not enough. I need to implement something in my everyday life to make this work. And it has to be fluid. Taking care of yourself changes as you change, a constant evolving... thingamajigger... for lack of a better word.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want to post this or not. Every day is a battle of self love. I am feeling drained as fuck. It's so very personal. And ss I am trying to incorporate the following into my life, every moment of every day is a battle to do right by myself.

Replenishing your spirit. What calls to you? What makes you happy. Sometimes not even that is enough, but what gives you that zing, even if it's a short one it is still a start. Make a list. It doesn't matter if it sounds stupid or doesn't sound important enough. Write it down.

For me here are a few zings:

Creating (anything)
Canning
Moving my things around in my daily space
Baking/Cooking new things
Shopping
Reading
Re-organizing my space
Making lists

Next make a list that you want to bring into your life. It can be anything.

Ideas to implement daily:

daily affirmation
exercies
kundalini yoga
alone time
coffee
read a book
outside time
light a nice smelling candle
candle lit suppers
be mindful of what you are thinking
have comfy pj's and slippers
a daily itinerary of your goals for the day/week
morning walk outside

Next make an itinerary of your day (see that's even on my list) and try to bring in from both lists. Start small. Don't overwhelm yourself. Don't expect that your mind will be blown. Just know that a few zings will happen in your day and eventually those little zings will get bigger and you're going to find your light again.


New Updates to my House this Week:

Birth Totems
Book of Shadows (Part One)

Harvest Moon

More to Come for whenever I get my shit together:
Chakra Doll
Baba Yaga
Pentacle Mobile
Mabon
Mabon Crafts
Mabon Recipes

Peace and Love
The Bone Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment