Tuesday 7 October 2014

New Beginnings


I love this time of year. The crisp air, the turned falling leaves. The final end to our garden harvests. There is a sense of stillness...almost...but with a dab of excitement mixed in for what is to come....The winter and snow is almost upon us and I guess this is what a part of death feels like. There is a curiosity of what the next part of our journey brings. A sadness for the ending of the last path. I can see why this is the time of the New Year for us Witches. It is because of this time of year that I have started work on a new Book of Shadows for myself. It is a new beginning in many ways for me. I finally feel like I have let go and can step through the next path on my road. I left a coven two years ago. A coven that I had been apart of in its first stages. This moment has been long pursued and awaited upon! I went through many small paths to find myself wandering onto this one. I am ready. I am owning it!
So back to my Book Shadows that I made. I took some sculpey clay, rolled it out and cut it into the size that I wanted, baked it for 15 minutes and then painted it with acrylics.

Once I punched all the holes into the paper...as well as the covers, I decided to bind it with black satin ribbon. I also made a funky broom pencil out of sculpey clay to go with it.

Hope you've enjoyed my first blog post!
Peace and Love
The Bone Witch


No comments:

Post a Comment